Whether you call them “picky” or “gourmet,” with a little creativity, kids or spouses with “unique” taste preferences can be convinced to try whole grain. In fact, you’ll probably find they won’t even know they’re eating it!
Here are a few ideas for healthy meals for picky eaters:
- Offer fun and tasty cereals made with whole grain, such as Lucky Charms® or Cinnamon Toast Crunch®.
- When making pancakes, waffles, muffins and cookies, substitute whole wheat flour or oat flour (for up to half the flour) in the recipe.
- Use crumbs from crackers or bread made with whole grain for meatloaf, hamburgers or stuffing.
- Substitute rolled oats or crushed, unsweetened whole grain cereals when breading chicken, fish, veal cutlets or eggplant parmesan.
- Stir barley, brown rice or bulgur wheat into soups, stews, casseroles and stir-fries.